From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 11:40:18 -0600
At 08:04 AM 10/10/98 , Dennis Thiel wrote:

>>Windows recognized the modem and installed the correct one
>>and used Com1 as the port. The modem worked perfect on Com1, but Windows
>>still cannot find Com2. I tried to install Com2 and tried to install the
>>mouse on Com2 from DOS, but nothing worked. Is this a problem with
>>software, hardware both???
>Jerry,
>
>Check to make sure com2 is enabled on the default settings of IRQ 3 and
>memory address 02F8h. And make sure there's no conflicts in Device Manager.
>
>Also, some modems don't like certain com ports. I've fought with different
>modems trying to force them on a com port with no success, then switch to
>another and it works the first time. It seems as if they have a life of
>their own sometime.

Dennis has some good advice on this.   If you find that your com2 is just plain
bad on this motherboard, you might consider either buying simple 33.6 internal
modem for the computer, (this can be purchased for under $35 now), or
adding a bus mouse to the system, (a MS Bus mouse will cost about $45 and
use an ISA slot).

Either should solve this issue...

Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com