VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 22:03:55 -0600
One demonstration center in the Washington-Baltimore region is the
Braille and technology Center at the nfb's national Center for the blind
at 1800 Johnson St. in baltimore.  At this demonstration center there are
available for hands on demonstration all of the software and hardware
items mentioned earlier in this thread.  Yes, I know that baltimore is
not Washington.  However, there is a commuter train that runs weekdays
from Union station in Washington very often that makes the two cities
seem very close.  in fact, when I go to Washington, I fly to baltimore
and take this train to dc.

I believe that the braille and technology center is open weekdays.  I
would suggest calling in advance for either an appointment or to ensure
that someone can assist you when you visit.  Have you heard of this
center?   Please let us know if you have tried it and what you found.
This might be a better alternative than a dealer, as there is no
incentive to sell you any product.

kelly