From:
francis e pratt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:31:40 -0600
My first time to send.  Excuse any impropriety.
Question below in body.

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:51:45 EST "Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>In a message dated 1/30/99 3:38:23 PM Central Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:

But how does a newbie know what programs are running in the background
and which can, and should, be disabled?  I assume this is done via
Ctrl-Alt-Delete, but I'm not sure.