Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:43:22 -0800
Do you all cook your suet for a long time? Why couldn't you just cook it on
low heat for a few hours, strain it, and then use it? I used to double
strain it, but do not any more. I remember someone said you do it twice to
make it more pure. Are there a lot of impurities in suet, more than in other
fat? like muscle fat?

Also, why does suet kind of smell funny?(when you cook it?)

I need the suet not for long term preservation, but just to add to the meat
I'm eating . In that case, do you need to cook it for so long?