VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"wang.." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 15:58:41 -0400
This reminds me again the cold reply that I received a few months ago from
Oracle Cop. In order to protect the copyrights of the Oracle menu and
training matterial, all the these publications on CD-ROM are in PDF files
which is 100% not accessable to any speech package.  After I had told the
Oracle company about my needs for those matterials, they just gave me a
simple answer "no, we discussed about this; I am sorry that we can't let
read them."

While many authors donate their books to Recording for the Blind and some
braille printing agencies, Oracle even refuses to sell me a book in the
format accessable to a speech synthesor as those books have already been
available on CD for the sighted readers.

I think the society should complaint about that.

Ren