NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberly Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:08:55 EDT
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post about my mold allergy.  I "solved"
the problem by moving out of the apartment and back to my house (may be a
blessing in disguise as hubby and I were attempting to get back together
anyway).  I have eliminated dairy from my diet also to see if that would help.
The last two times I ate cheese I immediately reacted to it by having my chest
get tight and burn.  The first was cream cheese and the second was feta (goat)
cheese.  I don't know if it is the mold they use to make the cheese or the
milk protein itself, but I am not taking any chances!  Also, after two weeks
off dairy I find that I sleep better and have a lot less anxiety and a clearer
head, and my irritable bowel is gone.  Same thing happened when I gave up
dairy while nursing my youngest child.  So, as much as I love cheese, it is
worth it.  I used to literally have to have cheese every day; I craved it
constantly.  Sign of allergy?  But it is easy to give up anything when that
thing causes severe illness.  Anyway, thanks to all of your replies.
Kim