NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:55:56 -0500
>I was diagnosed as LI three months ago after nearly a year of tests,
...eggs, salt, artificial flavor, malted barley flour, artificial color
>Betsy Keefer

Possibly you're intolerant to more than just Lactose, and just finding out
the next-highest-sensitive food. My son is both allergic and intolerant to
(malted) barley. I had months (year?) of daily diaper overflows and
changing linens before we learned about the barley. Luckily, he was
allergic to it also and it showed up on a RAST test- We would have never
figured that one out on our own. He loved all the foods that had barley. He
also had major withdrawal symptoms when we took his allergens away.