NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"John E. Cornell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:47:51 EST
Hi Max!

Thanks for all the work of putting the No-Milk list together.

It's a real help, and I look forward to good information.

Custard recipe - here goes:

1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 cup farm rich, reinforced by 2 TBS better than milk powder
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves

whir all of this stuff up in a blender, pour it into custard cups

nuke (microwave) at half power - approximately 18 minutes
(on my nuker, I do 14 minutes @ half power, then 4 minutes @ quarter
power)

When finished, a knife stuck into the custard cup mid way between edge
and center should come out clean.

makes 6 custard cups.

If you don't have custard cups, use coffee mugs, filled 1/3 up.  If you
fill too deep, the top gets done while the bottom is still fluid - yech!

This recipe spoofs custard quite well.  Not perfect, but good enough for
now.  I am looking for the secret for milk-free custard - I'll find it
some day!

Regards,

||  John E. Cornell - Rockville, MD  ||
||  Oh Lord, help me today to be more like Jesus, and less like me.  ||