Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:00:57 -0400

I posted a message recently about Fast Foods.  I had gone shopping and did
not bring any food with me.  The only places to eat were McDonalds, Burger
King, a deli and Chinese Food.  Below is a list of some of the replies I
got.
Most people told me to pack my own.  I agree and need to stock up.
Thanks to all that replied.  I got some good ideas.
Two people mentioned buying lunch meat at a deli.  I feel this is taking a
chance and would not recommend it.

These are things you can bring with you:
Health Valley rice bars
Fantastic Foods instant soups
Dr. McDougall's Instant Rice Pudding
Tuna cans and rice crackers
popcorn cakes (Orville Reddenbocker's)
Brown rice crackers
Rice cakes
Fruits and Vegs
cold noodles and veg salad with Bragg liquid instead of salad dressing
Breakfast bar from G Foods
Chicken breast salad with apples and walnuts
Crackers and jar of peanut butter
Gluten free baby food
Glutano pretzels or sesame bars

Or grab at a fast food restaurant:
Wendy's - salads, chili, grilled chicken plain or in a potato boat dish
nuts or dried fruit. Baked potato  (so tired of these)  Grilled chicken
salad
KFC - baked chicken
Burger king fries
McDonald's French Fries  (Last time I heard these were coated with lactose -
will call to verify.  Also burger, lettuce, tomato and onion (hold the bun
and pickle).
Tostada or Pinto and beans at Taco Bell

These were great and deserved forwarding;

>It's a pain in the neck, but...if I anticipate being out and in
>near fast food places, I pack a GF sandwich and then just go into the fast
>food place for my drink and a seat.  I figure, if anyone complains that I'm
>eating "other" food in their store, I'll complain that it's because they
>have nothing GF for me to eat!!

> The fries at Burger King are GF. If you say no salt
>they don't put them in the bin where other fried things have been.

>I have spoken to some head offices here in Canada.
>I have put together a fry report on my website.(In manufacturers phone #s)
>Hope this helps.

       *** http://www.hwcn.org/~am761 ***

Ginny Mingolla