Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:10:36 -0500

I attended the East Brunswick Support Group meeting Wed night.  Carol
Fenster was there demonstrating pizza making.  I bought her cookbook
"Special Diet Solutions" which looks great for those of us that have other
dietary restrictions besides gluten.  I am very anxious to get started on
some of the recipes.

I also got to meet Ann Whelan who is the Editor of "Gluten-Free Living".
Besides the bimonthly newsletter that she writes she also wrote a booklet
titled "25 Ways to Eat Well and Stay Healthy on the Gluten-Free Diet".  It
is for the newly diagnosed and I would recommend it highly.  It would be a
good idea for support groups to have on hand for newcomers to purchase.  The
booklet sells for $2.95.  For more information you can write to Gluten Free
Living, P.O. Box 105, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY  10706.

There were also 2 representatives from local health food stores.  One of
them told me she was there to learn which products to supply in her store.
We have come a long way!!  Eleven years ago when I was diagnosed I did not
know anyone who had celiac.  Thank you Diane Paley for putting together a
great meeting.

Ginny Mingolla