From:
Michi Imamura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 10:55:53 -0700
Hi,

I have an Actiontec 56K X2 Modem.  I have tried numerous ISP's and I can
only connect at 28.8.  Does anyone know how I can boost this up?  I have
downloaded all of the firmware upgrades for this modem.  I think it is the
phone lines but I have no idea how to solve this problem.  The phone company
told me to check the connection box.  I live in an appartment complex.  I
found the connection box but what do I do from there?  Does anyone have any
knowledge of phone line trouble?  I would like to avoid the $67/hr charge by
the phone company.  If not, does anyone know how I could boost the speed of
the modem internally?  Any help would be nice.  TIA

System Specs:
PII 400 w/ASUS BX MoBo
Windows '95
8MB Fire GL Video Card