From:
Constance Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 12:31:41 -0700
What was the default resolution to your laptop?  Because if you have a
display that is capable of 800x600 ( actual dot numbers on the display,)
and you set your resolution to 640x480, it would get really ugly.  Try to
set to Lap 800x600 and set it to higher resolution and see.  By the way,
you should need to get the video display driver from the manufacture of the
notebook (CTX.)  Although Windows95 can detect the display adapter, but in
a lot of times, you still need the display driver from the manufacture to
get the windows95 to work the way you want.

I have worked on Dell and Toshiba laptops, you DO need the display driver
from them to be able to set resolutions.  CTX gives out drivers on their
web page, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Constance