From:
Dan Dexter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 00:14:02 -0500
I went to 3com's web site and eventually found this link:
http://www.3com.com/56k/usr/upgrade/native.html
I found this page by clicking on the USR 56K picture at the lower left of
the main 3com web page.  At the bottom of this page is the "Upgrade
Advisor".  If you follow that, I think you will eventually get to the
proper upgrade for your modem.

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Steve Woolley wrote:

> This past Tuesday, my ISP upgraded all their modems to V.90.  Ever since, my
> connect speed has dropped (my modem is a USR 56K V.34 internal).  This
> reduction in speed is consistent and I've yet to achieve the speeds I got
> prior to their upgrade.  My ISP says that I need to upgrade my modem to
> V.90.  Does anyone know if a V.90 upgrade is available?  Any reference to it
> is nowhere to be found on USR's site.  Any feedback on this would be most
> appreciated!
>
> Steve Woolley
> http://home.inreach.com/over49
> <><