From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:52:03 -0400
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Kaiden Fox wrote:

> Ray Audette has helped me to lead a normal life, at a normal weight.  But,
> in truth, I'm not happy at 230.  It's still over 200 lbs, and I'm only
> 5'10."  I know I could get lower.  I'm taking the risk and trying a
> combination of hypnotherpy and traditional psychoanalysis without depikote,
> risperdal and prozac to alter my mood.

Welcome back, dude.

For what it's worth, significant weight *gain* is a common
side-effect of Risperdal.  On the other hand, if it's doing what
it is supposed to do, that's important.

There was discussion of this issue over on lowcarb recently;
maybe you followed it.  There is some evidence that high-fat
ketogenic diets can prevent weight gain at pretty high caloric
levels, but that may not work as well for weight loss.  I know
it's Neanderthin heresy, but I bet you've reached your metabolic
break-even point for this kind of diet (And I also bet that if
you ate comparable calories from higher-carb foods you'd gain
weight).  But 230 is pretty damned good.

Todd Moody