From:
Rosalie Jalbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 21:23:08 -0400

This was sent to me by another celiac.

I would like to know if anyone on the list has more information on this for
me. My son says he does not want to ask the doctor unless there is a proven
reason for doing it.

I'm assuming that the doctor will have already heard of this and would agree
to it but Russ wants to be reassured.

Rosalie

From: George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>

Rosalie,  If the delivery has not yet occurred, it might be interesting to
ask the doctor to do the testing on the umbilical cord blood - and preserve
the cord (I believe they freeze it, but I'm not sure) for future testing if
that is ever necessary.  I don't know the scientific particulars of this,
but someone on the list must know, if you are interested and have time to
ask.  Gayle K