Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 14:20:22 PDT

Hi.  I am posting this to both the celiac list and the no-milk list.
There have been many people upset about Special Dark candy bars now
having milk in them.  I have been trying to find an alternative.

I telephoned Chocolate Emporium.  Eleanor told me that they just ordered
3 cases of Elite Bittersweet Chocolate bars which are Parve and Gluten
Free.  They are made in Israel by Elite Industries and say right on the
package that they may be used for Passover (hence no wheat, rye, oats,
barley, or soy).  The ingredients are:  Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter
(which comes from cocoa beans...not from milk for those unfamiliar with
this), and Vanillin (an artificial gf flavor).  She expects she will be
able to order more over the next few months if necessary.  (There are
144 bars in each of the 3 cases.)

Each bar is 1.5 oz.  They charge 85 cents per bar for orders of less
than 10.  If you order 10 or more bars, she will charge you 75 cents per
bar.  I know this is steep.  But there are many people out there
desperate for parve chocolate bars now.

The phone number for them is:  1-888-CHOCLAT

Abigail, St Paul, MN
Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group http://www.customforum.com/celiac/
Moderated chats:Sun 10pm-12am E.T.,Mon 8-10pm E.T.,Wed at 1pm E.T.
Non-Moderated Chat Wed 8-10pm E.T.