Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 10:26:44 +0000
        Hi.
        Mouse and cursor should be updated as soon as possible in Windows,
so that the machine does not appear frozen. It may happen that RMX uses
the processor intensely, and Windows does not react.
        You should clarify how RMX gets processor time, or better how
are both installed on the machine.

> The company I work for builds a product that is controlled by a PC built
> into the system.  The operator controls are displayed on the PC monitor.
> We've had a recurring problem on all of our machines (probably a few dozen)
> that run windows 3.1 (in standard mode) in combination with a realtime
> operating system called RMX.  The cursor will infrequently disappear from
> the screen with no apparent response available from the trackball pointing
> device.  The keyboard still functions when this occurs and while navigating
> via the keyboard the cursor will, sometimes, eventually reappear.
> The Logitech trackball is a PS2 device.  The problem has also been seen
> with a serial mouse (different IRQ).
> The basic PC system used in our product is;
> 10 slot backplane industrial PC case
> Intel 486-100
> 8 meg RAM
> Diamond video card (standard windows vga driver)
> many add-in cards at various memory addresses
> Logitech trackball
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)