NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 15:22:10 -0500
>I just want to note that, contrary to what others have said, Parve foods
>are dairy free.

Yup - this is true. I mis-remembered about the casein, but it is not
considered pareve.

By definition, pareve foods contain no milk products or meat products, and
can therefore be safely eaten at any meal by people who keep kosher and
therefore never eat milk products and meat products at the same time. (That
is, kosher meat + kosher pareve is kosher; kosher dairy + kosher pareve is
kosher; but kosher meat + kosher dairy is not kosher).

We still don't know why Josh had a reaction to Newman's chocolate. Probably
milk contamination. I don't recall seeing a kosher Pareve label on the
milk-free bar.

Mark Feblowitz