From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 09:36:11 -0400
Lucas Taylor wrote:

> I can get it to power up, and I have even installed win95..everything seems
> fine.  Unless I bump the case, or insert a floppy disk while it is powered
> on.    The whole unit powers off and I can't get it to turn back on.  The
> button just acts dead.  It also happened when I put the front cover on (it
> just snaps in).  The only way I can get it to turn on again is if I
> disconnect the power cable, then unplug the power supply from the
> motherboard, plug it in again, then plug in the external power cable.
> Am I looking at a problem with the case and power supply, or the
> motherboard?  (or something else)

Lucas,

Most likely your motherboard is shorting out against the chassis. Hook up the
motherboard out of the case and wiggle the power supply connector a little bit.
If you have the same problem, it's probably a bad power supply connection. If
not, reinstall the motherboard with just one of the metal spacer nuts and use
plastic spacers for the rest of the mounting holes.

Hope this helps.

Denny