From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:08:03 -0400
My system uses this reference for .inf install.

C:\WINDOWS\rundll.exe setupx.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132

If you go to Explorer\View\Folder Options\FileTypes , scroll down to setup
information in the registered file types window.  Click on Setup information
to highlight it and select edit.  If install is not one of the actions you
can add it.  Click on new, type install into the action window and the above
string into the "application used to perform .." window.  Keep clicking OK
until all the windows are closed.  When you right click on an inf file you
should have an install option.  If your windows folder is not in C:\ you
will have to midify the path.  Good luck.

Ben Moore