From:
Linda Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 16:09:01 -0500

Corn tortillas can be filled and sealed (almost all around) in a
sandwich  maker (Snackster) designed for wheat bread.

The sandwich makers use two pieces of bread with filling put in the
middle.  Then they are closed, the bread is pushed together and heated
to make a hot filled sandwich cut in half.  It works well with GF bread
and also with corn tortillas.

The corn tortillas are not quite the right shape to seal perfectly, but
worked well.  I filled them with refried beans, hamburger, taco
seasoning and olives for  a "buritto".  I put about a tablespoon of
filling between tortillas for each pocket.  It worked well with stewed
dried fruit with cinnamon added and thick sauce.  Be careful not to
overfill or heat too long.  It took a couple minutes to seal.  The kids
and wheat-eating husband loved them!!!  They were easy, fast and could
be used in lunches.

Linda Ritter
St. Louis, MO