From:
Stewartsf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:46:41 EDT

Dear GF friends,
I need help!  I was diagnosed by biopsy over 6 months ago.  I have done fairly
well on the GF diet.  My problem is my kitchen.  I have 3 kids ages 3, 5, &7!
They have all tested negative for now and so do not follow the GF diet...thank
goodness.  As a result, I have a ton of non GF stuff in my kitchen.  I have
been able to find GF products I like fairly well from different companies
such as GF Pantry, Authentic Foods, etc, but I have so much trouble with
all of it together in my kind of small kitchen!

What do all of you do?  I don't want to make my kitchen totally GF because
of the kids, but I don't really have room for all their stuff and all of mine.
How have you all organized your kitchens?  Do you keep your products (mixes,
etc) in the fridge or freezer?  I do have and extra fridge in my garage that
I could use for some things.  Do you have a totally separate place for the
GF stuff?  Also, I need some kind of system for remembering which things
I order from which company and if they were great or terrible!  As you can
tell, organization is not one of my strong points!  I am encouraged that I
have found some good food and even learned to make my own bread!, but I am
floundering in a sea of unorganization with all this GF and nonGF food, recipes,
mixes, order forms, etc!

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.  I need to get
myself and my kitchen together.  I am constantly tempted to cheat because
when I am looking for something I can have I am faced with everything I
cannot have and it is really tough.  By the way, I have no GI symptoms after
ingestion, only anemia and arthritic symptoms.  I think if I threw up or had
diarrhea after ingestion it would be a little easier to say NO!
I would appreciate any responses!

Thanks,
Shannon in Texas