From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 01:31:54 -0500
Rose Marsala wrote:

> I've been following Atkins diet and am curious about the paleolithic
> (spelling?) diet.  I gather the diet doesn't consist of any processed
> foods.  What else do you eat besides meat, chicken, fish, vegetables,
> fruits, and nuts.

Berries, eggs, seafood, frog legs, worms (he he).  Anything that you can eat
raw.

>  Do you use milk or butter?

No.

> Do you put dressing on salads and if so, what kind?

Yes.  You won't find one in the store that you can use and will have to make
your own.  The one I use consists of olive oil, lemon juice, mustard powder,
garlic, salt, and pepper.

>  If someone could give me a basic run down on the
> diet, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

The basic premise is only eat what would be available in the absence of
technology.  If you were naked with a sharp stick.  This rules out much of the
modern diet. No grains or anything made from them.  No corn or anything made
from corn, no potatos.  If you cannot eat it raw it is taboo.That's a quick
run-down.  Buy and read Ray Audette's book, "Neanderthin" for a more in-depth
explanation and reasons for this lifestyle change.  Most of the people here
have probably read it.