From:
Kathleen Lunson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:18:39 EST

<<  Although it is a bit strange that a
 God that created us and set us up as an agricultural society would have
 made us so that grains, beans, etc.  would be carcinogenic to us.  I
 mean, there's even a recipe for making bread in Ezekiel! >>

First off I know that not everyone on this list is interested in theological
topics as they pertain to our eating choices.  I assume that those who are not
will delete the messages unread.  But for those of us to whom religion is an
integral aspect of all aspects of our life, this is a wonderful thread.  So be
patient with us, delete if you're not interested.

That said, here's a thought on the question:

After the fall, God said that from then on Adam would have to earn his living
by the sweat of his brow (farming?).  A credible theory is that God at that
time instituted death, not as a curse but as a blessing, because who would
want to live forever in a corrupted (by sin) body/world?  If you follow that
logic you could conclude that God allowed an agricultural society inorder to
kill us.

On another vein, physical life is much more important ot us than it is to God.
The spiritual life is what concerns Him.  So maybe the aspects of our
spiritual life are better served in agricultural society?  Just musing.

KAthleen