From:
Liz Pavek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:00:27 -0600
Kathleen:  I thought we might go ahead and pursue this thread in private,
since we seem to be stepping on so many cyber-toes.  I like your idea about
God allowing an agrarian society, but not "to kill" us.  His ways are not
ours, as you know, but sometimes He allows pain and misery to teach His the
truth of that which He wishes us to follow.  I believe as you do, that we
were created to eat meat, otherwise, why would He have created so many
domestic animals? Why were the Hebrews wanderers and herders for so much of
their history?  Remember, too, that the most pleasing sacrifices to Him
were the fat, the meat, and the blood.  If it's good enough for him, it's
good enough for me!!  (You know, I had never thought of anything like this
before this thread was started!  What an interesting proposition!

Liz Pavek

----------
> From: Kathleen Lunson <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [P-F] Grains and the bible
> Date: Thursday, February 26, 1998 8:18 AM

> <<  Although it is a bit strange that a
>  God that created us and set us up as an agricultural society would have
>  made us so that grains, beans, etc.  would be carcinogenic to us.  I
>  mean, there's even a recipe for making bread in Ezekiel! >>
>
> First off I know that not everyone on this list is interested in
theological
> topics as they pertain to our eating choices.  I assume that those who
are not
> will delete the messages unread.  But for those of us to whom religion is
an
> integral aspect of all aspects of our life, this is a wonderful thread.
So be
> patient with us, delete if you're not interested.
>
> That said, here's a thought on the question:
>
> After the fall, God said that from then on Adam would have to earn his
living
> by the sweat of his brow (farming?).  A credible theory is that God at
that
> time instituted death, not as a curse but as a blessing, because who
would
> want to live forever in a corrupted (by sin) body/world?  If you follow
that
> logic you could conclude that God allowed an agricultural society inorder
> kill us.
>
> On another vein, physical life is much more important ot us than it is to
God.