NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sonya Benisovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:23:34 -0400
I vaguely recall
>reading about milk as being capable of triggering both IgG- and
>IgE-mediated reactions. Would someone with more medical training care to
>comment on the differing symptoms that may result from each?

Yes, that would be greatly appreciated.  I also have been diagnosed with
lactose intolerance but seem to have reactions to dairy that go above and
beyond what I would expect (ex: malaise, insomnia, overpowering sleepiness
at inappropriate times, in addition to all the GI symptoms).  My IgE count
is over 140 (normal is under 10), which at one point led my doctor to think
I had celiac disease, but all other tests, including biopsy, were negative
for this disease.
Sonya Benisovich
University of Rhode Island