NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
DAVID POHLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:46:03 -0500
Don,

I suddenly developed severe LI about a year ago.  My
symptoms are gas and chronic diarrhea (two r's!).  But
I've found that I can drink large quantities of lactose
free milk without any symptoms whatsoever, and I can
put large quantities of casein-containing non-dairy
creamer in my coffee with no problem.  (I had a couple
experiences with unexplained chronic diarrhea last
summer, but I think that was a freak situation).

Nonetheless, many people have advised me to consult
an allergist on the belief that I must have something
more than LI since my symptoms occur at such low
lactose levels and the Lactaid pills don't help me much
for foods with high lactose levels.  I'll get around to
doing this some day (just too busy lately).

I think you have an allergy, based on everything I've
read about LI (but I am no doctor).  I would be very
interested to know the outcome of your query.

Dave