From:
Maurizio Geneletti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:18:44 +0100

Hello, I'm quite new to the list,  I'm writing for the first time and  I
live in Italy.

As many of you friends already wrote, inevitably and not few times it
happens to ingest at least "traces of hidden gluten" especially when
dining out.

In order to try to understand when it happens to fail the diet and to
identify what foods you have eaten was containing gluten or simply the
traces, it could be helpful, at least for people who have DH, to know
how long goes by from the ingestion of the gluten and the
beginning/showing of the itch/rush.

This perhaps would help identifying the source of the "mistakes".

Personally I have never been able to understand it.

For instance I don't know if the sudden increase of the rush that
sometimes happens, is due to a particular food that I have eaten, let's
say 5 or 10 hours or the day before (so I can avoid it next time) .

Maybe this is not the case because DH is showing independently by a
specific ingestion; it is under your skin and the worsen may also
depend upon other causes (i.e.  mood, irritability..)

So, I wonder if somebody have been able to identify such timing and also
would appreciate to know about your own feelings on this subject.

I agree that as somebody said... we are  the best doctors of ourselves.

Best regards