NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brian Crowley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:07:27 -0500
Deborah,

I caught your post recently on the NO-Milk list.

You wrote:

> My daughter has been wearing a Medical Alert bracelet since she was one
> and a half.  She is so used to it that she never thinks about it.  She
>
> I'd be interested to know how many people have bracelets for their milk
> allergic children.  You may reply by private e-mail, if you wish.

Both of our children, my daughter 6 1/2 and my son 3 1/2, wear Medic Alert
bracelets.  We got them for them when they started being "away" from Mom more
often, i.e. Kindergarten, playgroup, inlaws babysitting more often, ...  And
you're right, they treat them with a sense of pride - showing them off to
everybody and telling anyone who will listen all about their allergies (dairy,
eggs, peanuts).  I think it's great, and so do they!

Brian Crowley