From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 10:00:45 -0500
Successful "light" dieters?  Do you mean "low fat" by this?  I don't mean
to be facetious, but my definition of successful as regards dieting is
taking the weight off and keeping it off.  By this definition, I have never
met a successful low-fat dieter.  Hey, I've lost 75 lbs low-fat dieting
twice in my life.  Gained it all right back though.  Seriously, I don't
know anyone who ever had weight to lose, lost it, and never gained it back.
 And I'm the only person I know not on the standard American diet.

Take care,
John Pavao
I realize that this perspective contradicts the dominant view on this list
(i.e., that the Paleothin diet is ideal for everyone), but there are too
many successful "light" dieters for us to assume that a meat-heavy diet is
always appropriate.