From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:06:51 -0800
Beverle:
>> The vet had
>> a fit when he found out that I was only feeding raw and said that she
>> probably was going to get sick.

Jacki:
> Dear Beverle,
>    Get a new vet!

I Totally Agree!!! - What A Stupid Vet!!! - I can't believe a Vet said
that a Cat - A Total Carnivore if there ever was one!!! - is going to
get sick by eating Raw Meat!!! - Geesh!!! - What An Idiot!!! - No wonder
Cats and Dogs and other Pets are getting all the same diseases as Humans
and dying so young and/or way before their time needlessly.

Beverle:
>> Hi Guys:
>>    I am really glad that you all have picked up this subject.  My cat is
>> amazingly (I like that word) finnicky.  She will scarf down raw liver,
>> heart and/or kidney.  Eats only a mouthful of canned food.  The vet had
>> a fit when he found out that I was only feeding raw and said that she
>> probably was going to get sick.  So I have been trying to force her to
>> eat the canned stuff.  Poor baby!  She knew best.  I will get her some
>> stuff that she likes on the way home.

My Cats are so used to the good stuff that when I run out and have to
give them something else that's not on par with RAF they give me this
look like: "Do you still love me?  Did I like so something wrong?  Am I
suppose to eat this?"  Sort of like that cute Kraft "Lunchables"
Commercial with that cute little Boy from last year.  They even get
finicky when the Raw Meat and Organs have been out too long and don't
look that great but will eat them when hungry anyway.  So please don't
force her to eat the canned stuff and get her some good yummy Raw Meat
Trimmings and Raw Organs like Chicken and Beef Liver.  Also, it's not
very expensive especially with a Cat since they're so small so please to
give it a try.  On the other hand, I guess you can always try the
"Fresh-Frozen" or "Frozen-Fresh" stuff which I would expect is a lot
less but I really wonder how much less.  Well I just went to Pat McKay's
Web Site and to my surprise the Trimmings are a lot cheaper and, of
course, a lot Fresher and not Frozen - Cool!!!  In fact, her Purple
Label (75% Meat 25% Vegetables) listed Beef 1 lb. $2.45 and Red Label
(Meat Only) listed Beef 1 lb. $1.95 - That's still more than the
Trimmings and so I'd definitely go for them and then just get some of
the appropriate Mineral Supplements for and your set.  In fact, she said
in http://home1.gte.net/patmckay/webdoc6.html
-----
Bonemeal is the one essential supplement that must be added to homemade
food. A calcium deficiency may result in the following symptoms:
hyperparathyroidism, hypertension, muscle cramps, nervousness, heart
palpitations, brittle or soft nails, tooth decay, skin problems, aching
joints, high cholesterol levels, rheumatoid arthritis, rickets
(softening of the bones), panosteitis (inflamation of the bones) and
numbness in legs, to names a few.

Bonemeal is the only supplemental form of calcium that is complete, and
therefore safe, for dogs and cats. It contains all the essential
nutrients in balanced proportions that are necessary for the proper
assimilation and utilization of calcium.

Bonemeal should be mixed with fresh RAW meat, because the RAW meat
stimulates acid production in the digestive system and provides vitamin
D, both of which aid in the absorption of calcium from the intestinal
tract and the breakdown and assimilation of phosphorus, which is
required for bone formation.

Pat McKay, Inc, is also coming out with a new plant-cell-grown product
called Calcium+Plus, which will be easier for kittens, puppies, the
sickly and elderly to utilize. This product should be available by July
1997.
-----
Anyway, that's enough for now.  If I can be of any further assistance
don't hesitate to contact me.

 - Take Care!!!

 - Gregg!!!