From:
Bill Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 06:14:01 -0500
I used to be a caffeine junky also.  I used to get bad headaches if I did
not drink it, and worse, I used to become lethargic and depressed without
caffeine in my daily diet.  Now. I no longer consume caffeine.  I have had
almost no headaches (definitely none of the same caliber I used to get), my
emotions do not run away from me anymore (anger, fear, all of those
adrenaline pumping emotions used to get blown out of proportions).

It was not an easy break.  I had to do it gradually, but it really is worth
it.  I stopped drinking all soda pop, and stopped eating all chocolates.  I
drink herbal teas (I make sure they are caffeine free first) instead now.

I still drink something with caffeine in it whenever I get once of those
dilly headaches, but 8oz coke is all I need to alleviate the headache.  The
other medications just do not work for me (Tylenol, Bufferin, etc.)

It took me about 3 months to get off caffeine as a dietary supplement.  I
took the total amount of caffeine I consumed in a day (on average) and
divided it by thirds.  The first month, I dropped my intake by a third, the
second month by two thirds, and the third month to a trickle (still had some
bad cravings, but iot took a lot less to satisfy them.)  I tried cold turkey
several times, but I never could do that.

Hope this helps...

Bill Linder
[log in to unmask] - work related topics
[log in to unmask] - personal topics
[log in to unmask] - professional non-work related topics
/dev/null - junk mail
http://www.law.uc.edu/homepages/linderwd/ - WYSIWYG