From:
Binnie Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 14:02:06 -0500
>At 11:32 AM 3/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>in the meantime, follow our motto of "if i'm naked with a sharp stick, could
>>i eat this?" if the answer is yes, then it's on the diet (although i hate to
>>call it a diet, it's so much more than that).
>
>If one is naked with a sharp stick, how can one make mayo?

The trick is to apply this rule to each of the individual ingredients
rather than the finished product.  Eggs, lemon juice, olive oil (olives for
the sake of the test), etc. can all be eat in their raw state without the
need for cooking or other processing technologies.  It's not always easy to
figure out.  I'm still wondering about certain types of squash and
flaxseed.  And potatoes have me confused.  Is it because only small amounts
can be eaten raw or because we haven't had enough time to adapt to them?

BLB

Binnie Betten