From:
Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:42:29 -0500
Mary:
   Admittedly it was hard for about 2 weeks.  Every day I would smell my
beloved coffee and try to convince myself of reasons why one little cup
or even a sip wouldn't hurt me.  Since coffee (and weekend bingeing)were
my only vices (smile) I couldn't do it.  I had made up my mind to give
it one month to see if I saw any changes.  Now that I mention it that is
probably your best bet.  Set a time goal for yourself.  One week, one
month, whatever.  If you can go long enough, you will see a difference.
When I drank coffee I put artificial sweetener and non-dairy creamer.
It was delicious....but extremely chemical.
Now I am committed to this as a way of life.  When I get hungry, I eat.
I bring tuna, salmon and fruit with me when I have to.  I love salmon
salad - just canned salmon with some mayo.  Yes, I know ..."fruit", but
Mary if your neighbor thinks you are anorexic it doesn't sound like
weight is a problem.  So eat naval oranges and bananas and apples.  All
portable and "keepable".  I would like to add one more thing here.  I
have found that my carbohydrate problem has become defined.  Since I eat
no artificial sweeteners or simple carbs in the form of sugar (white,
brown, turbinado, etc., etc.) or any of that other stuff, I don't get
the cravings that used to be my downfall.  I can eat an orange for lunch
(if that is all I have) and be happy until many hours later at dinner.
The scale says "slow loss" but my clothes and observers say pretty good
for 23 days.  In fact my sister said yesterday that she could really see
a difference...that  I didn't look so "bloated".  Isn't that special?
She is skinny so she doesn't know what she is saying.  She smokes to
keep her weight down.  I am rambling again.  Good luck to you and if you
need another avalanche of words or a kick in the pants, let me know.
Love, Bev