From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 08:01:20 -0500
No, it only lasts a day or two.  But really, it only takes about three
minutes to make.  After you do it a few times it gets automatic.  Also,
here's a variation on a theme:  When you put the egg in the blender, add a
half a piece of garlic, a little salt and pepper, and some herbs and you
get salad dressing.  (NOTE:  go easy on the garlic!!!  Trust me!  I put
four pieces in the first batch and almost killed my dog from forty paces!)
 Only thing is, it will set up like mayo.  Once you've made it, break two
more eggs into the middle (so they sink down to the blades) and blend it
again for just long enough to get everything mixed up; too long and it will
get more solid again.  I know it needs more seasoning but I haven't quite
figured it out yet.  Perhaps a small piece of onion...

I was worried about the raw eggs too, but so far so good.  I really am
beginning to wonder if the idea of food contamination is as hyped up as the
whole "gotta kill the germs" thing in general (our ancestors had no Lysol,
right?).

Take care,
John Pavao
okay you guys, I might be reconsidering a bit.  The hand blender thing
makes sense because it cleans up so easily.

A few more questions please?

Raw Eggs    - Okay or salmonella laden??
Shelf Life  - Could I make a weeks worth at a time?