From:
Jacki Harmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 15:11:27 -0800
On 3/13/98 10:48 AM, Susan Carmack said:

>I should have said 'meat digestion' .  Can we subsist (and be healthy) on
>ONLY seeds and nuts for protein?
>(just wondering)
Dear Susan,
    Maybe you just need to take some pancreatin with your meat meals for
a while, until your enzymes for digesting protein kick in more.  Also,
there is one beef supplier in California - Coleman's - who use no
antibiotics, growth hormones, and their animals are breastfed exclusively
for four months, then are free range up until one to two months before
they are "used for food".  They are given some grains for weight gain in
those couple of months, but I don't think it's an exclusive grain diet
even then.  This meat may be better for you.  Also, Coleman's told us
that the only exclusively free range - no grain beef is in New Zealand.
Just some information.
Jacki