NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 08:16:12 -0400
Hazel Green wrote:

>I also heard that some specialty buttons are made with milk in them to
>give them bright colours and also stucco contains milk!!

You have to remember that casein is an excellent glue. So good that it is
sold as glue, and not labeled as being dairy, as glue labeling requirements
must be lenient. But white glue, used in woodworking and sold as Elmer's
Glue-All, is pure casein. Note it is sold by Borden and has a cow on the
front.

Don.