From:
Doug Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 08:25:01 -0700
I've found my heaven or is that guru.

Yesterday's paper, a Reuters article, has shown us the gateway to heavenly
bliss.

"According to a United Nations EXPERT [my emphasis], sugar does not make
people fat, does not cause diabetes, and cannot be held responsible for a
range of other ills for which it is popularly blamed.

"In a paper presented to the 1997 Asia Pacific Sugar Conference [neutral,
I'm sure], William Clay of the FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION [emphasis
mine, objective, naturally], said other conditions WRONGLY [my emphasis]
blamed on sugar include heart disease, micronutrient deficiencies and
hyperactivity in children."

I'm sorry but I just don't have time to quote the whole article. I'm
heading for the donut shop. Will be back later. WAIT! Donuts are made of
wheat products, lets see, that's not paleo. Oh the hell with it. There has
got to be another William Clay out there and I'm not going to wait for
Reuters to find him. Long Johns here I come.

doug