VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:12:52 -0500
It seems that Monica Lewinsky apparently suffered the fate of so many
computer users:  a very revealing hard drive.  When files are deleted,
they are not really deleted.  YOu are actually giving the computer
permission to write over the file.  The file can be recovered with
commonly available software.  You must type a special delete command to
get rid of a file completely.  If you wish to keep the information,
encryption is an effective option.  The software program pretty good
privacy is so good that code breakers at the Pentagon (where Monica once
worked) can't break it.  I am going to consider these issues before
Kenneth Starr interrogates my hard disk rather than me.  the following
news flash was issued yesterday by cyberjournalist matt Drudge as a code
red.  Matt Drudge originally broke the Lewinsky scandal in January with
its possible criminal implications.  For more information, visit
http://www.drudgereport.com.  You can subscribe to the Drudge Report for
free near the end of his home page.

kelly

Date: Tue, 28 Jul 98 20:32:04 EST
From: [log in to unmask]

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT EXCLUSIVE XXXXX TUE JULY 28 1998 10:57 PM ET XXXXX

Monica Lewinsky agreed to cooperate with investigators after she was hit
with a 'mountain of evidence' Notably:  Information that she left behind in
the hard drive of her computer!

Prosecutors also are in posession of love notes Lewinsky had written to
Clinton, receipts of gifts, local phone records [that show calls made to the
White House], even receipts for taxi trips, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The amount of evidence Starr's team collected, in the end, left little room
for Lewinsky to wiggle.

Lewinsky's hard drive was filled with incriminating notes, e-mails,
documents written by Lewinsky.  Lewinsky used the computer like a diary.

"She was trapped," a source close to the action in Washington explains.
"She was, in effect, busted... she left behind an evidence trail that was 10
miles long.  Starr had everything."

Everything but her testimony.

Filed by Matt Drudge

VICUG-L ARCHIVES     http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/vicug-l.html