From:
Betty Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 13:04:08 -0500
Dear Friends,
     Well my worst fears have been realized.  I had my cholesterol tested and
it has risen.  I started this diet back in May and have been very happy on
it.  My cholesterol has risen from 230 to 242.  The LDL is now at 167.  I
guess Todd isn't the only one out there with a problem.
     I believe in the whole concept but the numbers speak for themselves.  I
haven't had great weight loss, only 6 pounds which I had to work hard at
losing.
     The best thing about this diet is how well it has made me aware of how
certain foods can trigger binges for me.  For example, even a little bit of
vinegar can trigger a craving for carbohydrates.  Certain fruits cause the
same problem,ie. bananas and melons in particular.  Being tired makes me
crave carbohydrates also.  So I guess it was worth  the change to learn these
things about myself.
     I am very disappointed !
Betty Copeland