From:
Brian Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:48:51 -0400
I have been lifting weights off and on (more on than off) for about 1.5
yrs now.  I started lifting before I had even heard of Neanderthin.

What is the "Paleo" thought on exercise of this sort?  I would guess that
paleolithic man got a fair ammount of aerobic exercise, but probably not a
whole lot of anaerobic exercise.  On the other hand, I suppose if you kill
a Woolly Mammoth and need to take it home to the wife and kids you might end
up doing some anaerobic work.

Lifting can be fairly rough on your body, but on the other hand an increase
in lean-body-mass can be very beneficial.

And while we are on that topic, how about yoga and other forms of
stretching?  I just can't envision a caveman performing the lotus in his
cave.

Any thought or information?

--
Brian Glass | [log in to unmask] | http://www.andrews.edu/~glass | 313-995-9022
A religious conservative is a fanatic about a dead radical.