NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Carmen E. Simon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:13:27 -0400
My son is allergic to milk/egg white protein.  He started showing a
reaction to milk within 12 hours of birth.  He has two younger sisters,
both were on soy formula and not exposed to milk til after 1 year of
age.  The oldest shows no signs of food allergies.  The youngest turned
1 on Jan 1, and we started her on whole milk.  She kept it down, but
after two weeks she started getting dry skin/eczema on her lower legs,
and it started working its way up her body.  We had skin tests done,
but they showed no allergies.  We took her off the milk and after two
weeks her skin cleared up.  The next time we tried milk, she kept it
down but brought it back up after half an hour. With my son the reaction
to milk is immediate, I'm not familiar with a delayed reaction. Does
this sound like an allergy developing? Has anybody experienced this?