NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Carper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:40:21 -0400
Sorry I'm running so far behind, which means I'm going to combine several
comments into one posting.

For you chocolate lovers: The Semisweet version of Rapunzel Pure Organic
Swiss Chocolate bars is marked Dairy Free on the label. They are made in
Switzerland for Rapunzel Pure Organics, 122 Smith Rd., Kinderhook, NY
12106. Call 1-800-207-2814. Their website is www.rapunzel.com.

On MSG: Can anybody give me the actual brand name of any store-brand MSG
that contains lactose, or the brand name of any commercial vendor that
admits to using lactose in its MSG.

On LI and pareve cookies: I'm pretty conservative about such things, so I
frankly do not believe that you can exhibit LI symptoms from eating pareve
Stella D'Oro cookies. I wouldn't even believe it if the cookies were
milk-free but were made on a line that at other times was used for dairy
containing items. I think either there are other milk-containing sources in
your diet or else you have a problem with another food or else you have
another problem altogether.

More information on all matters lactose at Steve Carper's Lactose
Intolerance Clearinghouse
http:\\ourworld.compuserve.com\homepages\stevecarper

Steve Carper
author of Milk Is Not for Every Body: Living with Lactose Intolerance