NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Carper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 16:27:21 -0500
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let people know of a new feature I've just added to my web
site, Steve Carper's Lactose Intolerance Clearinghouse. My Milk-Free
Bookstore is a collection of links to more than 100 books that should be of
the greatest interest to those of us with food intolerances and allergies
and the array of digestive problems that they can cause. Each book is
currently in print and linked to its page at the Amazon.com online
bookstore; you buy directly from them at their discounted price. I've done
the work of searching for hours through their database: believe me, you
can't just search on "milk-free" and come up with the books I've found.

The books are divided into eight categories:
Milk-Free Books;
Wheat-Free Books;
Allergy Books and Cookbooks (for those needing to avoid multiple items);
Vegan Cookbooks (since they are milk-free by definition);
Food Additives and Ingredients (so that you have better knowledge of what's
in those packaged foods);
Digestion & Diseases;
Miscellaneous & Travel Books (including traveling vegan and  kosher, and
menu phrase books for other countries);
and, just for fun, Sorbet & Frozen Yogurt Cookbooks.

I used the comments and questions on this list as a guide to what to
include besides the obvious, so my thanks to all the people here for their
collected wisdom and understanding.

If you can think of other books currently in print that I don't have
listed, please send me a a note at [log in to unmask] and I'll be
sure to add them. I'm not as knowledgeable about allergy books as some of
you, for example, so you may be able to help me there.

To get to The Milk-Free Bookstore, you can go directly to:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper/bookstor.htm

Or you can start at my home page to see all the other hopefully useful
stuff I have:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper

I don't believe there is anything of this magnitude or specificity out
there. Please let me know what you think.

Steve Carper