NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:34:02 -0000
It gets easier as the child gets older -  the child herself will know not
to eat anything Mom or Dad hasn't approved (that has to become a rule!) and
eventually friends and family will get used to the idea that she can't eat
casually.  What you have to guard against then is the casual cruelty of my
MIL who loves my son dearly -  but will fix a whole meal that he can't eat
and then give him a little plate of milk-free leftovers "because he
understands I have to cook for everybody, not just for him".  In my house,
nobody uses milk!  Nobody gets cheese!  Everybody is on the dairy-free diet
because I don't want any accidents!  It does get easier.  Hang in there.
She's worth it.

psam

Motherhood - not just a job, it's an Adventure!