From:
Richard Ragan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 20:51:57 -0700

>> I just bought Betty Hagmans third recipe book and I would like to know if
>>anyone has tried and proven any of these recipes, in particular the cakes.
So far we have only tried Tony's Terrific Pasta Mix on page 259.
Pasta made that way plus the following recipe comes out quite nicely.

      G.F. Meat Lasagna

1 batch of  "Pizza Express" GF Lasagna noodles (Page 259 of Hagman III)
1 lb ground beef
32 oz GF Spaghetti Sauce
8 oz ricotta
4oz mozzarella
Parmesan

Prepare 1 batch of lasagna noodles to make 15-18 13" approx. strips of
lasagna noodles
Brown beef until it is crumbled
If ricotta is thick, dilute it with water until it is spreadable
Lightly oil 10x13 baking/lasagna tray (about 3"" deep).
Spread 2 spoonfuls of Spaghetti sauce on bottom of tray
Dilute spaghetti sauce with ~ 1/2 cup of water

Layer:          5-6 lasagna noodles (yes, still raw!)
        1/2 of the beef
        1/3 diluted spaghetti sauce
        1/2 ricotta
        5-6 lasagna noodles
        1/2 of the beef
        1/3 diluted spaghetti sauce
        1/2 ricotta
        5-6 (or remainder) of the noodles
        remainder of Spaghetti sauce
        mozzarella
        parmesan

Cover with Aluminum-foil. Bake at 375 Degrees for 1 hour removing the
cover half way through. Wait for 10 minutes before serving.