From:
mary elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 03:48:24 -0800

I just realized I forgot to include the name and authors of the
article on a new intestinal autoimmune disease set off ny chidlhood
vaccine:

 "Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and
pervasive developmental disorder in children," by A J Wakfield and
others.
      The Lancet, Volume 35, No. 9103 Saturday, Feb. 28, 1998.

    The Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine are the
foremost medical journals in the world. The Lancet has a very good
website, and will shortly provide full texts of articles online. At
the moment, however, you'll just be able to read the abstract of the
article. Full text of commentary is available, though, very sceptical
- it IS controversial.
     For those not satisfied with the abstract or the digest on
yahoo's health links, go to a medical library. Most libraries at major
medical centers are federal depositories, and as such must provide
public access. Just ask for the latest issue of The Lancet.
                          Mary