NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberly Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:53:15 -0400

<< Yes, cats should probably not be given cows milk, but your statement was
 something like: "Humans are the only species who drink another species
 milk." I was just saying this isn't true, because if you give a cat cows
 milk, they'll drink it.  They love the taste.  I'd be willing to suspect
 that all the chemicals and MSG and that kind of stuff that humans ingest
 probably do far worse things to us than cows milk (again providing you
 aren't allergic/intolerant). >>

Sorry, I didn't say what I meant.  I meant that in nature no animal drinks
the milk of another species.  If humans are around to offer it then they will
drink it.  I just meant you don't ever see elephants nursing from kangaroos,
or mice nursing from rabbits!  Except in the rare case where a mother animal
adopts an orphaned baby of another species.  It's simply not what nature
intended.  Milk was intended by nature to nourish the young of that species.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  It's hard to take the time to say exactly
what I mean sometimes with four children running about!
Kim