CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dave Hartley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:36:34 -0000
Hi MichaelP, All !

Yes, you certainly do seem to have been offended.... perhaps beyond the reasonable ability to see that no "appeals" were made....... assertions and declarations perhaps....

So, for the Godless or otherwise God offendable here are the only two references to God in that communication rewritten to exclude the offensive concept:

Life is not necessarily fair. Did ANYONE promise you that life would be fair?
I expect only an opportunity to grow in experience and into a spiritual viewpoint.
(I hope spiritual is not offensive....)

But as long as we're being offended, in case I've never mentioned it before, I find it offensive in the extreme, as well as more than slightly ridiculous to have persons declaiming me as a racist, their sole proof of this being my skin color.

What I am most interested in, in terms of this thread, is to divorce the spurious conception of "white supremacist racism" tainting all white people because of the supposed "guilt" or "benefit" of being white from the important and essential vision of the wealth of institutionalized capital placing a yoke on the necks of all men with regard for race ONLY in the ways in which it may be used to undermine the perception that oppression is being applied to all men.

Aloha,   Dave.          Think for Yourself.             Question Authority
~               Globalize Consciousness         Localize Economies
"Computer Dave" Hartley   (808) 879-7997 email:  [log in to unmask]
Interests: Computer/Telephony Integration, Windows NT, Web Publishing,
~~  Alternative Medicine  ~~   www.Eckankar.org   ~~  www.healing-tao.com