From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 19:23:21 -0700
You may recall two things, one my struggling with weight gain and the
other that I prefer hamburger to steaks.

Well, today at the gym, in article referring to Dan Duchaine the body
building expert, these folks are using CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) to
rapidly build strength and gain muscle mass. (it is apparently based on
catabolic & anabolic hormones)

Research on CLA shows it as being used to fatten animals for market.

Foods that are a rich source of CLA are: natural cheese, lamb and COOKED
GROUND BEEF.

hmmmm, in my flip flop between Atkins and NeanderThin, one thing that
creeps into my diet now and again is cheese, especially made into a
sauce for veggies.  I have taken steps to reduce the cheese by combining
it with 50% olive oil.

I'm going to have to come up with a better sauce that eliminates the
cheese and unfortunately tomatoes are not an option because they tend to
cause small BG spikes and I don't wish to compromise BG control -- any
suggests welcome?

I'm going to really miss lamb and hamburger -- so move over Karl, I'm
going to learn to like rare steaks too.

This having been on a diabetic & heart recommended high carb, low fat,
low sodium, little red meat diet for over 20 years is a tough "bad
habit" to break.